Project manager: Dr. Sedat GÜNDOĞDU
Project team: Dr. Cem ÇEVİK
Barış Can KIRAR
With this project;
1. To show in detail what microplastic pollution is in sandy beaches around Iskenderun Bay,
2. To show what is relationship between distance from river mouth with microplastic concentration
3. To show difference of microplastic pollution between protected beaches and non-protected beaches
4. To understand effect of tourism on microplastic concentration
5. Establishing the pollution status of areas such as Chelonia mydas, Caretta caretta and Ocypode cursor used as habitat or nesting
6. To raise awareness about microplastics pollution
Beyond Plastics released a groundbreaking new report documenting plastics industry’s significant contributions to the climate crisis
The report reveals that with regards to climate change, plastic is the new coal. It is deeply...
EIA study reveals a ten billion tonne plastic pollution bomb ticking away in every corner of the planet
In a new report released by the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) with the title The Truth...
New Study: Single-use plastic items represent about 75% of the total benthic marine litter found in Iskenderun Bay
A new study done by our group member Dr Ferhat Büyükdeveci has recently been published in Marine...