Project manager: Dr. Sedat GÜNDOĞDU
Project team: Dr. Cem ÇEVİK
Barış Can KIRAR
With this project;
1. To show in detail what microplastic pollution is in sandy beaches around Iskenderun Bay,
2. To show what is relationship between distance from river mouth with microplastic concentration
3. To show difference of microplastic pollution between protected beaches and non-protected beaches
4. To understand effect of tourism on microplastic concentration
5. Establishing the pollution status of areas such as Chelonia mydas, Caretta caretta and Ocypode cursor used as habitat or nesting
6. To raise awareness about microplastics pollution
Capping production of new plastics will help cut their release to the environment — and brings...
Microplastics – tiny pieces of plastic less than 5mm in diameter – have been found in human blood...
U.N. member states meeting in Nairobi, Kenya as part of the UNEA 5.2 agreed to the first global...