MicrobeachDetermination of the Current State of Microplastic Pollution in the Sandy Beaches around Iskenderun Bay
Project manager: Dr. Sedat GÜNDOĞDU
Project team: Dr. Cem ÇEVİK
Barış Can KIRAR
With this project;
1. To show in detail what microplastic pollution is in sandy beaches around Iskenderun Bay,
2. To show what is relationship between distance from river mouth with microplastic concentration
3. To show difference of microplastic pollution between protected beaches and non-protected beaches
4. To understand effect of tourism on microplastic concentration
5. Establishing the pollution status of areas such as Chelonia mydas, Caretta caretta and Ocypode cursor used as habitat or nesting
6. To raise awareness about microplastics pollution
New Study: Plastic Waste Trade: The Hidden Numbers
Plastics are a mixture of fossil fuels and chemicals, and many chemicals in plastics are known to...
Declaration of Solidarity: Journalists under attack for their investigative work on global plastic waste trade
On July 27, 2022, independent freelance journalists Vedat Örüç and Elif Kurttaş, were attacked...
Scientists call for cap on production to end plastic pollution
Capping production of new plastics will help cut their release to the environment — and brings...