Project manager: Dr. Sedat GÜNDOĞDU
Project team: Dr. Cem ÇEVİK
Barış Can KIRAR
With this project;
1. To show in detail what microplastic pollution is in sandy beaches around Iskenderun Bay,
2. To show what is relationship between distance from river mouth with microplastic concentration
3. To show difference of microplastic pollution between protected beaches and non-protected beaches
4. To understand effect of tourism on microplastic concentration
5. Establishing the pollution status of areas such as Chelonia mydas, Caretta caretta and Ocypode cursor used as habitat or nesting
6. To raise awareness about microplastics pollution
Environmental and social activists around the world have called upon major shipping lines to prove...
Plastic (as both micro- and macro- plastic) is an important environmental contaminant, affecting...
An investigation by BBC News has found that some plastic waste from Britain sent to Turkey for...