A new report from the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organised Crime (GITOC) has revealed the criminal undercurrent to plastic waste flows. Misdeclaration and concealment of hazardous and mixed waste, money laundering, financial crime and corruption are among the crimes committed in hauling this rubbish across the world. Our group member Dr. Sedat Gundogdu also provided his opinion about the issue.
- New Study: Plastic Waste Trade: The Hidden Numbers
- Declaration of Solidarity: Journalists under attack for their investigative work on global plastic waste trade
- Scientists call for cap on production to end plastic pollution
- Microplastics are found in human blood for the first time
- UN Environment Assembly Adopts Global Agreement on Plastic Pollution