A new report from the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organised Crime (GITOC) has revealed the criminal undercurrent to plastic waste flows. Misdeclaration and concealment of hazardous and mixed waste, money laundering, financial crime and corruption are among the crimes committed in hauling this rubbish across the world. Our group member Dr. Sedat Gundogdu also provided his opinion about the issue.
- New Report: Plastic for profit Tracing illicit plastic waste flows, supply chains and actors
- Beyond Plastics released a groundbreaking new report documenting plastics industry’s significant contributions to the climate crisis
- EIA study reveals a ten billion tonne plastic pollution bomb ticking away in every corner of the planet
- New Study: Single-use plastic items represent about 75% of the total benthic marine litter found in Iskenderun Bay
- New article: Why Turkey should not import plastic waste pollution from developed countries?